Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Day 1: Baptism By Fire

Holy cow, did I get thrown into this or what? After I got to the airport I went straight to the stake center to meet with the president. I am assigned two companions: Elder Bennett and Elder Treanor, both from California. I will be serving in Loveland, CO. It's a lot like home honestly, lots of members and nice weather. 


We went straight from the church to a member's home, and then to our apartment to drop off my stuff. We went to teach an investigator who just got out of prison who really is wanting to get baptized. Then some members and their friends took us to dinner and one of their friends started bashing us and Elder Bennett and I were able to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon and it was great. 

After dinner we taught a lady at a member's home who has been taking lessons for about 5 years. And for some reason the member's sister asked if we could read the title page and introduction of the Book of Mormon, and for some reason something just clicked with her and she asked us if she could get baptized at the end of the month. It was so so awesome and the spirit was very strong. 

I'm very grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and I know it's the right thing to be doing.
 Pic: Elder Bennett and I put in some light work on the AP's this morning in basketball went 3-0

No comments:

Post a Comment