Sunday, July 1, 2018

Letter to Highland 5th Ward Newsletter

Hey everyone! I hope everything is going well for you guys.

The first few months of my mission in Colorado have been awesome. I've been serving in Loveland, CO ever since I got to the mission. I have had so many great experiences, we get the privilege of seeing miracles every single day. I have learned that diligence and obedience are the keys to being a successful missionary.

If you're hesitant about serving a mission, don't be. There is no greater experience that you could ever have. Take advantage of the opportunity to serve your Heavenly Father and his children.
I have met some of the most incredible people in the mission field. One being a sister who was baptized just a few weeks ago, she had been investigating the church for about forty years. She was involved in a serious biking accident that landed her in the hospital, after receiving a priesthood blessing, she felt the spirit working inside of her and she decided to be baptized. What an amazing miracle.

Serving a mission is a priesthood duty that I hold very dear to my heart. I always think of 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

I know that this church is God's only true and living church on Earth, and that the Book of Mormon is most definitely the word of God.

Thank you for all you do for me. I love you all very much.
Elder J. Thacker Colorado Fort Collins Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment